April 18, 2013

Beach Riot: Spring 2013 Collection

On the hunt for rad swimwear (because there's never enough), I stumbled upon Beach Riot and became instantly quite smitten.


Designer, Nicole Hanriot, grew up in Newport Beach in the world of action sports, studied at FIDM and was formerly the women's designer for TAVIK (whose swimwear I also love).

I love the attitude and the sass presented in the Beach Riot collection, which is captured really well in this video lookbook from their website:


I had to pull out my Shazam app for this one - the song is Wringle in the Skin of a Multidimensional Worm by Sana Sol.

I love the direction that swimwear, in general, has taken over the last two or so years, blending boardwalk attitude with the edge of street style and a large dose of feline confidence. It's not even about just getting in the water, but you want to wear and style your swimwear like you would the rest of your wardrobe.

Me, I want nothing other than to live in my swimwear, but I find it's not usually acceptable outside of beach towns and Las Vegas.

Take a look at the Beach Riot Spring 2013 Lookbook and tell me you dont want to trade all of your clothes for swimwear.

Find Beach Riot at Lulu*s or Threadsence!

No comments: